Sunday, November 2, 2008

Ocean Drive or Long Island Marathon?

I'm determined to run a marathon next late winter or early spring since I can never get into the NYC Marathon. I'm torn between the Ocean Drive marathon the last weekend of March or the Long Island Marathon the first weekend of May. It'll probably be easier to train for the Long Island Marathon since it'll be warmer from February to April as opposed to training from December to February.

I am also not sure if I should hire a trainer to devise a running schedule for me. Maybe I will try to devise my own running schedule and for my next marathon, which will be the 2009 NYC Marathon (I finally will get into it next year, don't ask me how), I can hire a trainer so that I can do it under 4 hours.

My original goal is to run 10 minute miles for the whole duration, which would lead to a time of about 4 hours, 20 minutes, but we'll see maybe I'll start walking after the first 20 miles!

No comments: