Monday, August 10, 2009

Busy weekend

I had a busy weekend. Let me start it by going through what happened Friday.

I went to my first Yankees-Bosox game. I want to go to Boston and attend a Yankees-Bosox game there, but I digress. It was a great pitchers' duel between Josh Beckett and AJ Burnett. Somewhere in the 7th inning, I wondered how many innings this event will go through. I stayed until the 14th inning, and then I had to leave because I had to catch the 1:19am train home, if I missed it I would have to wait for the 3:20am train home. The game ended 10 minutes after I left with A-Rod hitting a 2 run walk-off home run in the bottom of the 15th inning.

So after spending 5:30 hrs, I spent a relaxing Saturday at home. I helped kill, clean and then I cooked crab with egg, scallion and ginger. It came out quite nicely making me reconsider myself as a bad cook.

Saturday night was busy, I went to my cousin's daughter's banquet party. She was barely 3 months old. Her name is Sandrine. Not a fan of her name. It rhymes with gangrine, but whatever. Not my child. I stayed for an hour and then jetted off to visit my friends Chiemi and Jacqui at Chez Jacqueline, got the lobster risotto and chardonnay. I enjoyed the wine, which surprised me I don't normally like wine.

I luckily caught the 11:19pm train back home by 10 seconds. Got home 20 after midnight as they ran out of taxicabs at the train station.

I then got about 4 hours of sleep because I had to wake up to catch the 5:57am train to Penn Station to meet the bus going to DC at 7:15am. You see I had bought a ticket to see Cristiano Ronaldo play soccer with the Real Madrid team against DC United at FedEx Field in Landover, MD. 4.5 hr bus trip culminated in a parking lot barbecue of hamburgers and hot dogs. Went with the Real Madrid meetup group. Ronaldo only played the first half but I was in heaven watching him play for 45 minutes. He left after the first half, but Real Madrid scored three times to win it 3-0 over DC United. It was a great match if you were a Real Madrid supporter.

Then it took abt 5 hours to get back home at 10:45pm. I got home again at midnight, just to see my dad pull in from work.

This week is a chill week. Just have lunch plans with a former co-worker on Thursday.

Also it's day 9 of my running sabbatical. One more day of inertia and then I get to return to running on Wednesday Aug 12. I am debating on whether or not to ask Marty to go running with me this weekend. I am thinking I should go alone to test my fitness, don't want to drag him out and then stop in the middle of the run. But I haven't seen him in 2 weeks and I miss him. I think I'm going to fall hard for him. For however much I liked Rich, I was never in love with him. He was way too conservative. But with Marty, I can feel myself slowly falling for him. He walks with me when I need to walk during our runs, he doesn't abandon me. How nice is that? I even wrapped his gift ahead of his Sept 18 bday. I gave him the extra copy of Running Within I accidentally purchased before I even met him. It's not at all personal so I most likely will give it to him for his birthday. And it's not like I bought it for him. That and a $3 map to Central Park. So my whole gift to him was $3. I found my Central Park map, on another brighter note. I love that map.

Okay this is a long enough entry, I'll write more when I start running and keep you posted on whether or not I am doing the long run on my own this weekend or not.

No comments: