Thursday, July 23, 2009

Marathon training

Got my first injury while training for the NYC Marathon. I strained my left calf muscle running on a treadmill on Wednesday. Luckily it didn't snap or pop, I think it's either a grade 1 or grade 2. The doctor said it was grade 1 but I wasn't entirely truthful when he was poking my calf muscle so who knows. Hope it's only grade 1.

I met this guy Marty last month. He's training for the NYC Marathon and agreed to be my running partner. I met him on Match.com so we were dating until I broke it off this past Monday. He's not looking for anything serious since his last relationship was serious and he didn't enjoy it much. I'm not going to try and convince him to be in a relationship with me, so I decided to just be his training partner. I am happy with my decision. I hung out with him on Tuesday night as friends and had the best time ever. Too bad I'm injured now. I was supposed to go running with him tonight. I may be able to get back to running as soon as next Friday but Marty's going to Boston next weekend. So prolly won't go running with him for another two weeks. Hope he still agrees to be my training partner.

No comments: