Monday, July 11, 2011

My raise!? in only 6 weeks working!

I'm going to try and post something each week. I am going to bake ziti sometime this week after I get pancetta from Zabar's. This is to test my oven to see if I can bake a maple pecan tart.

So Joel, the general manager at GMC Parking, who is the hiring manager and hired me told me at the start of the job that I will get a review in three months and six months. And the president told me over the phone that if I'm successful I will see a rapid rise in my salary. Joel told me before he went on vacation that when he gets back he'll ask Mr. Chapman about a raise and I don't have to wait three months. He didn't mention anything to me all day so I finally asked him at the end of the day. And he said he has to talk to the president and my boss. So I really hope I get a raise of 5-8K this time. I am not making that much money so I really need it. If I get two 2 8 K I will still not be making what I made in AIG. But the guy I replaced made 90K so I am hoping I get around 65K after a year or 18 months, that will be nice!

Blaise told me last week that I am doing well there and he foresees me doing a good job. That's a vote of confidence! So I am really hoping for a good raise this time around!

I hope it happens fast! the president is leaving for a vacation after Tuesday and my boss is away on Thursday and all of next week.

No comments: