Sunday, July 20, 2014

Carl Update and Other Happenings

So one of my good friends advised me to hedge my bets with Carl. Because he hasn't met any of my friends/family, I haven't met any of his friends or family.

So I confronted Carl last night via our normal mode of communications, AIM chat. He addressed them but not to my satisfaction. He will meet E&B for dinner in July or August before she moves to SF. And I will meet him at his workplace, meet his family in Long Island (just brother and sister) and perhaps see his apartment/roommate.

I'm seeing another one of my good friends Fay today for brunch. I will see what she thinks of the matter.

I also am seeing my therapist this coming Tuesday and possibly again next week before he goes on a 3 week vacation.

I am thinking of doing the Peer-to-Peer NAMI program to be peered with a fellow individual with my mental illness disease. I don't have any friends with the disease. I do go to a support group there. I am thinking of making a small contribution of $25 since I use their support services. The peer to peer will be a buddy system to make sure I don't fall back or relapse.

Anyways, I will post a Carl update as soon as I know what happens between the two of us. If I break up with Carl I will not move from my parents. If I continue dating and seeing Carl and it gets more and more serious then I will move to Astoria in October/November/December or even as late as January.

No comments: